We are a registered charity and receive no Government funding and limited direct financial support from Cats Protection head office; almost all our funds come from donations from the public and through membership funding.
Due to limited resources there is only so much we can do to continue to care for many homeless and unwanted cats/kittens that desperately need new homes. However, here are some of the ways you could help.
- Become a member of our branch. For an annual fee of £12 (or £8 for OAPs) you will receive a quarterly newsletter keeping up you to date with events, our work and stories about cats. If you want to become a member then please print out, fill in and post the branch membership form. Alternatively write to us as at the address below (and we'll send a membership form out to you by post).
- Sponsor A Cat. If you are currently unable to adopt a cat or are looking for an ideal gift for a loved one then perhaps you would like to sponsor one of these long-term residents? Have a look at the 'Sponsor A Cat' webpage for details.
- Make a donation. Either online via the Donate webpage or by printing out and filling in the branch donation form - send it together with a cheque or postal order to made out to 'Cats Protection Glasgow Branch', to the address below. If you would like us to send you a branch donation form by post the please write to us at the address below. Or, if you prefer, you can also donate through out Just Giving webpage, our branch eBay webpage or by texting 'DUHH81' followed by the amount you want to donate (e.g. 'DUHH81 £5', without the quotes, to donate £5) to 70070.
- Fundraise for us via Just Giving. You can set up your own Just Giving page to raise fund for the branch from your chosen event. The branch are not set up on Just Giving as a charity in our own right (only the main Cats Protection charity is setup) however if you make sure that your page states that you are fundraising for us and not Cats Protection in general the money that you raise will go straight to us. Hooray! We've produce some easy to follow instructions on how to set up your Just Giving page in order to do this - click here or follow the 'Setting up a Just Giving page' link on the left-hand sidebar).
- Shop at the Cats Protection online shop. The Cats Protection online shop stocks over 2,500 different pet related products, everything you need to keep your pet happy and healthy. It also massive product range includes pet food, bedding and pet accessories. When you buy goods from this store, just before you enter you credit/debit card, you'll be asked if you want a specific branch to receive the money raised from the sale. To donate to us select 'SCOTLAND & N IRELAND' from the Region drop-down menu and then 'GLASGOW BRANCH' (not 'Glasgow Adoption Centre' - they are a different branch) from the Branch drop-down menu. Then continue to make your payment. Easy-peasy.
- Register with easyfundraising.co.uk. easyfundraising.org.uk helps us to raise money when you shop online. It works in a similar way to many other loyalty shopping sites, but instead of earning points when you shop, you raise a donation for us instead. You can shop with over 2,000 well known stores and each will donate up to 15% of what you spend. For example, John Lewis will donate 1%, Amazon 2.5%, The Body Shop 6%, some insurance retailers will even donate up to £30 simply for taking out a policy with them! Woo woo! And there is a helpful internet browser add-on called 'Find and Remind' that you can install so that you never miss a chance to donate to the branch when shopping online. To create an easyfundraising.org.uk account and set it up to make donations to the branch, click here or follow the 'Setting up a EasyFundraising account' link on the left-hand sidebar
- Join the 100 Plus Club. The 100 Plus Club is a type of raffle. For each £1 you give to the 100 Plus Club you get a number. At the end of the month a draw is made. Half of the money received is divided up between the ticket holders for the 1st, 2nd 3rd numbers out of the hat and the other half goes straight towards helping the cats at the branch. You can join the 100 Plus Club by downloading, filling out and posting the 100 Plus Club application form to the address below.
- Buy a gift for our cats. Our cats need scratching posts, toys, etc. to keep them stimulated and healthy while in our care. They also need cat carriers, etc. to keep them safe during runs to the vet for vaccinations, treatment and neutering. And sometimes they just need to be spoiled! So why not buy them an extra-special present from our Amazon Wish List.
- Make a bequest in your will. Further details regarding bequesting can be found on the 'Gifts in wills' web page on the main Cats Protection website.
Or alternatively, why not - Adopt a Cat
! BRANCH ADDRESS
Cats Protection Glasgow Branch
PO Box 2905