Lost and Found
For all the lost and found cats listed on this website, please see the links at the bottom of this page
If your cat or kitten has gone missing or if you have found a cat or kitten then please phone us at 0345 371 2722
and leave a message. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or send us an email via the contact form on our 'Contact Us
' webpage. We'll add your cat or kitten's details to the branch's Lost and Found pages as soon as possible.
Although you should contact us first if you have lost or found a cat or kitten, there are a number of other online services available that you may want to check and/or advertise on if you have lost a cat or kitten. These include Animal Search UK
. Links to lost and found cats and kittens listed on these websites (NB. the CatAware website will go fully live at the end of March 2013) can be found below. Animal Search UK - Lost and found pet search Gumtree - Lost and found kittens in the Glasgow area
Gumtree - Lost and found cats in the Glasgow area
Please note that Cats Protection Glasgow Branch are opposed to the use of Gumtree to buy and sell cats and kittens
. We believe that strict home checks should be conducted prior to rehoming a cat or kitten. General advice if your cat or kitten has gone missing.
- Don’t despair – many cats and kittens may return home after a few days.
- Have a good look around your house, garden, garage and sheds. Also get neighbours to check their garages and sheds too.
- Ask your neighbours, milkman, postman, newspaper delivery person and refuse collectors to keep an eye out.
- Put up posters – on trees, in your local shops and in the Post Office.
- Consider putting a small advert in you local paper.
General advice if you have found a cat or kitten.
- Contact local animal shelters to see if your cat or kitten has been handed in.
- Make sure the cat or kitten is really lost - check with neighbours in the surrounding area as they may have got a new cat or kitten recently.
- If possible put a paper collar on the cat / kitten. Please phone us on 0345 371 2722 for a paper collar.
- Tell your neighbours, milkman, postman, newspaper delivery person and refuse collectors that you have found a cat/kitten.
- If possible take the cat or kitten to the vet and ask him/her to can scan it for a microchip.
- Contact local animal shelters to see if a cat or kitten matching the description of the found cat or kitten has been reported missing. Also ask if they have space to take the cat or kitten in.
- Consider putting a small advert in you local paper or put up poster saying you have found a cat/kitten.
For more detailed information on what to do if you have lost or found a cat please see the 'Lost and Found - Advice'
section on the Cat Chat website
View a complete list of our lost cats
View a complete list of our found cats